June is Recipe Month!!
In its 30th year, AIDS Walk Austin returns to Republic Square Park on October 29, 2017. Benefiting AIDS Services of Austin and 10 sharing agencies, this event brings together people and pets from all walks of life. AIDS Walk Austin attracts 900+ people annually for an afternoon of celebration and remembrance of those affected by HIV. Begin the day with a festival in the park featuring live music, food trucks, vendors, and activities, and then walk the 2.5 mile route that uses the Capital as a round-about.
The importance of this event is immeasurable. Every step that is taken creates a step up for a person in need. Join AIDS Services of Austin as they walk to decrease stigma, raise awareness, and build healthier futures for Central Texans.
Sunday, October 29, 2017
Starts at: 11:30 AM
Ends at: 3:30 PM
Republic Square Park
422 Guadalupe St
Austin, TX 78701 USA
Blue Cheese Burgers
- 3 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup minced fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 12 French rolls or hamburger buns
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, blue cheese, chives, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, salt, and mustard. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Gently form the burger mixture into about 12 patties.
- Oil the grill grate. Grill patties 5 minutes per side, or until well done. Serve on rolls.
*Adding bacon is recommended!